Sunday, February 7, 2010

Scenes from a Walk on the Beach

Our friends B and P were out this weekend, and while DH and B worked on creating a wonderful workbench in the garage, P and I went for a walk on the beach...

This very cool home belongs to an artist and his family who live literally on the beach a short walk from our neighborhood community path.  Here are some of his creations...

This is one of two totems he created and has on his property.

This is my favorite of his art...these are just on the beach, as a fun surprise for beachcombers!

A little gruesome, but part of the cycle of life...a sea lion skull.


A sea star waiting for the tide to roll back in...

Heading home.

And in case you've ever wondered, yes, the rocks are happy on the beach...see?  This one was smiling at us!

Work Bench Pt. 1 is complete: 

Friends caught a ferry home a couple hours ago, DH is watching the Super Bowl, and I'm heading to bed to curl up with a book, a steaming cup of tea, and of course, the kitties, who are less interested in football than I am :) 

Ok, I have to cheer a little for Payton~first TD of the game to Colts~well, maybe 'm just a little bit interested...

3 comments:

  1. OMG, that sea star is so cool! I've never seen one that color before. I think all animals in Texas are brown :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Isn't everything in Texas brown?? I'll try to get a picture of some of the orange ones that hang out on the pillars holding up the dock - there are orange, red, purple, multi-colored -- it's pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess the skunks are black and white? :)

    ReplyDelete