5th Avenue Theatre's New Sign (South Pacific currently playing)
Benaroya Hall (Home of the Seattle Symphony) and our Metro buses hard at work
Smith Tower in the distance, off Second Ave. Used to be the tallest building in Seattle...in the "olden" days!
Seattle Art Museum's (SAM) "Hammering Man", who is currently not hammering.
Just hanging out.
A pretty fun light exhibit in the SAM lobby.
Formerly the WaMu Tower, now the Chase Tower
Looking up Marion Street from 1st Ave at the current tallest building in Seattle
(black one in the middle) the Columbia Tower
And one more for Holly in Virginia (sorry for the fuzzy - I had to pause in the middle of the off-load street, and you know how aggressive those Bremerton/Bainbridge drivers can be!), Pier 50 where we catch our little ferry, and the Alaskan Way Viaduct, our little double-decker roadway the center of much controversy, as it could go total sandwich mode if we got hit by a shaker with an attitude. So, Seattle politicians brilliantly decided to replace it with...wait for it...a Tunnel!! Yes!! In the event of a major earthquake, I'd like to be stuck in my car UNDERGROUND in a tunnel, please!! Sign. Me. Up. There are no easy answers, but geez, a tunnel?? Enjoy paying for that one, Seattle.








I have only been to Seattle once - I just loved it. Bt I remember being SO COLD all the time. And it was June? I guess I really am a Texas girl :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, things only start warming up after July ~ we have short summers, so we cram a LOT into all 10 days :) Ha! July-Sept are pretty awesome - you should come back up for a visit, but shoot for August :)
ReplyDelete