Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Final Winter Weekend 2011

So, the final winter weekend of 2011 was busy but fun.  Thursday morning, I was up early baking Irish Soda Bread and Shepherd's Pie in honor of St. Patty's day.  Then, I took last Friday off to help DH with a yard project he's been wanting to do for a couple years, then Saturday went to a play in Issaquah with friends Ann and Connie, and from there, headed to Cle Elum to spend the night with my friend Dena and her kids.  Got a two hour coffee break in with my sis and her husband Sunday morning, then Dena and I visited a great wine shop in Roslyn, then she took me by her new fulltime place of employment, Swiftwater Cellars , and then after a quick and yummy late lunch at The Hoist House  there at the winery, was on the road home by 4pm on Sunday, and here is a pictorial of all the fun :)

Starting off with a young visitor to the backyard, who I dearly enjoy until I am reminded by a glance at my decimated tulips how annoyed I am with its eating habits...
 

My first attempt at Irish Soda Bread was a success :) 
Here's the project DH has wanted to do since the new septic went in Oct 2008...adding a bed running alongside the driveway to mask the clean-out pipes, which entailed digging up a LOT of sod.  At this point, we had not yet added the top soil and beauty bark - will post a picture soon of the finished project - it looks great! 
Truly, is a post of mine complete without Pet Portraits?  I think not.  Tyke in repose... 
Angel hitting the snooze button...and hard! 
Saturday night apparently was the closest the moon was going to be to the earth for many years, so Dena, the kids and I donned our snow boots and coats to check it out at the end of their driveway - hard to tell in this shot without comparison, but yes, it was quite large. 
Here's some comparison, with Dena and kids, but the moon really DID look much bigger in person! 
Driving back from my morning visit with Mel and Dan, I finally stopped and took pix of the fabulous barns and shots on Upper Peoh Point, the road to Dena's house... 
 
A copse of quakies, with a little color fun, trying out another setting on the camera. 
 
Dena's cat, "Kitty", was unusually accommodating when I pulled out the camera to capture his delightful personality :)  That stretch appeared to be quite enjoyable!
Heading into Swiftwater Cellars after shopping at Vintage Vine 
This is the Old No. 9 Mine Shaft entrance, right next to the winery. 
A busy but fun weekend...Spring arrived Sunday afternoon, and I slept like a rock at home Sunday night :)


No comments:

Post a Comment