This post is dedicated to the Danubio/Nelson wedding held at Avondale Bible Church in Woodinville at 1pm on Saturday, October 9, 2010, for which I was the matron of honor.
Wedding commenced without any significant hiccups - timing a little off in some parts, but hey, that's what happens with no rehearsal -- we were ALL winging it and still got those two crazy kids married off :)
Post ceremony, bride and groom whisked back to the house for wedding pictures, the rest of us following a few minutes later. Even the drizzley day couldn't dampen the warmth and joy that practically seeped from the house and its celebrants :) The decor and food were absolutely amazing -- Dan's family did the lion's share (ok, ALL) of the ceremony/reception prep, footing the bill and labor duties for everything - and still pulling it off on a budget! It was simply gorgeous -- so many people donated time and effort and services, all out of love and joy for Dan and Mel :) Dang, I want to be adopted by this family! They are stupendous!!
Food was eaten, toasts were made, cake was cut and well-wishes were...wished :) Then around 4pm, the newly minted Dan and Melody Nelson loaded up the car and headed to The Willows Lodge in Woodinville, WA to spend the first two nights of married life together. We were on the road by 4:30 and home in time for DH to settle in and catch the Huskies loss to ASU. All in all, an exhausting but exuberant day :) And now, a pictorial tour of the Happy Occasion:
(my adorable 2nd cousin Brianna in our kitchen before we left for the wedding)
The scene above was the entryway of the house - Jenny & Dan had jarred homemade blackberry jam to give as gifts to guests!
Mel and her 17 year old stepson TJ, sharing a moment...
Me and Brianna giggling!
Brianna & her grandma Susie
Mel and Oregon BFF Cami
Friend and videographer Don Baunsgard and Mel's WA BFF Dollie
Newest member of our family, Bro-in-Law Dan!
The Long and Winding Toast, given by Best Man and Dan's BFF Corey
Dollie and her hubby Ron
Jenny & Casey's youngest daughter, enjoying the nap I was envying her!
Getting ready to head out...bye Cousins Pam & Brianna!
Dan should print out this picture -- it's an expression he may see a lot!
A seldom seen scene, an in-law embrace :)
Yes, that is a basket of goodies going to the hotel with the happy couple!
Annnnndddd, they're OFF!! Well done day, Nelsons!! We are so proud of you both and happy to welcome Dan to our clan, small though it may be ~ now we're going to put in for adoption into his fabulous family - we gotta get somethin' outta this, too!
Wow, you took a lot of great shots, Amanda! What a blessed day!
ReplyDelete: )
Julie M.
ps Your little cousin is SUCH a doll!!!
Wow! I happened upon your blog today through someone else that I know and saw the picture of Don Baunsgard! I've known Don since 7th grade. He sure is a great photographer/videographer! I enjoyed browsing through your blog!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Julie! Yes, that little punkin is SO much fun!! I had a blast spending time with her :) Amy, isn't Don the best? We go way back, too - I think he was in my sister's class at Mt. Si -- hope you come back and browse any old time :) Fall is bringing a plethora of opportunities for great pix to post!
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering who your sister is because I was also in Don's class at Mt. Si. Huh! Small world!
ReplyDelete