Saturday October 2nd dawned nicely at Lund Lodge, and we decided to spend some time working in the yard trying to catch up from a September that virtually flew by, leaving the yard too much time to bolt and grow like crazy. I started pulling stuff out of the gardens, harvested more tomatoes (which are FINALLY starting to ripen en masse) and a couple zucchs. Still have to harvest the rest of the potatoes and more raspberries, but the garden is definitely winding down. DH attacked the lawn mowing with zest, giving it a twice over cut, it had gotten so tall.
Around 3pm, I hit the road for my friend Dena's house in Cle Elum, WA. Ran some errands along the way, and this was the dusky view from the road in front of her house that evening...
She and I stayed up WAY too late talking and watching movies (The Proposal and It's Complicated, both excellent!), but were up by 6:30 Sunday morning getting ready for Shannon and Marla to arrive for the pre-wine tasting breakfast -- waffles, salmon quiche, fresh strawberries and bacon - yum!
Our first stop was Chateau Faire Le Pont in Wenatchee - I loved the Pinot Gris!
And the Cab wasn't bad, either!
Barkley, the Wired Hair Wheaton Terrier, Host with the Most!
The drive over to Chelan from Wenatchee was lovely.
Here we are at our second Winery, Benson. Lovely setting!
Savoring the samples of ice wine on the lovely deck of the tasting room...
Winery #3, Lake Chelan Winery
Final stop, Vin du Lac...not our fave -- too many friggin fruit flies!
We didn't get to as many wineries as we'd have liked, due to the amount of travel time from Cle Elum to Chelan, so we left many wines untasted for another trip back next year.
And around 4pm, we started back to Cle Elum...
Stopped at a fresh fruit stand just outside of Wenatchee on Hwy 97 where we stocked up on apples, pears, corn and all kinds of yummy fresh produce!
We got back to Dena's in Cle Elum around 6:45, and after a quick potty break and goodbyes til next time, I was on the road home by 7pm. After dicey navigation of I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass and Hwy 18 over Cougar Mountain, in the dark and surrounded by semi trucks, after wine tasting all day and not much sleep the night before, I've decided I am NOT a good nighttime driver...not in a big hurry to get behind the wheel after dark anytime soon...my depth perception stinks after hours :) And at one point, I think I started hallucinating! That's what happens when I get overtired...
Overall, another four-star weekend Wine Tasting with Dena and friends :)
No comments:
Post a Comment