OK, well, I may be jumping the gun, but yesterday and today actually felt...summery!! And according to our local weather station KOMO-TV4, it was:
"Nearly nine months after our last 75 degree day in Seattle, the mercury climbed to 77 degrees at SeaTac Airport Wednesday afternoon (June 23). Our streak of "heat futility" came to an end."
I'm in sandals and capris today, which means rain by lunchtime, but hey, I got some solid shots in to capture the goldeny orangey start to the day, then thought, what the heck, and dragged the camera with me to capture other moments of this day...
Sunrise over the Cascades to the East...
Downtown Seattle awash in Gold..."Emerald City"...Right.
A requisite WSF Ferry shot...just cuz...
Low tides for Southworth and Vashon the next couple days makes for great sealife viewing...here, a starfish points me in the direction of the ferry, in the event I got turned around taking its picture...
Shot from the Melissa Ann King County Water Taxi, departing the dock at Vashon Island...
Requisite Mount Rainier shot from the ferry...
Two of my commuting buddies, Pam and Corrine :)
And just for kicks, my cousin's daughter graduated this month from high school, and thus a Facebook Retrospective of her life showed up this morning, with me in it! Here's me with then baby Aundrea 18 years ago...ahhh, the 90s...big hair and loud attire were still embraced...**sniff** ...the good old days -- ha! (I cropped the picture, cuz those pants were giving me a migraine...)








No comments:
Post a Comment