and still catching my breath from the trip to NW and SW Arkansas - such a fabulous time, even considering the massive bug bites I got wandering around the woods taking pictures on Saturday ~ my own fault. Note to self: When a local stands in the driveway while you're wandering around the field and woods in shorts and warns "mind the chiggers", Pay. Attention. Yikes.
Totally worth it. Got great pix, which I will post here eventually. And got to see the lightning bugs I recall from my childhood, but no great pix of them ~ they're bright, just not bright enough for the lens to capture, and trust me, I tried hard!
Got back late Monday night, took Tuesday off for laundry, minimal housekeeping, as DH was a star and wrangled some chores in my absence. The kitties have been essentially glued to me since I got back, which has been an enjoyable switch from "What, you were gone?" that sometimes accompanies our return from trips. DH advised they were less than impressed with his caretaking, but hey, they got treats, the occasional ear scratch, and the litter box was kept clean. I just dial it up a notch by letting them sleep on me. DH is ardently opposed to being kitty-piled while sleeping. I'm a wuss. I just love the cuddles, even when it means a snoring cat lodged against my ear interrupting my snoozes. Nevermind they get to sleep the rest of the day away...ah, well.
And we're off for another trip tomorrow, to Eastern Washington and a birthday party for DH's cousin Mike, who turned 50 in March. Mike has Downs and a heart as big as gold. He adores DH and is very pleased we're making the trek over to join his swim party. At least there's some place in the state of Washington experiencing summer temps - my system 'bout went into shock coming back Tuesday from the mid-90s to 65 degree temps. Will enjoy hanging out tomorrow in shorts again! Cuz we aren't likely to see shorts weather here in the Seattle area for at least another couple weeks. Sigh....
Oh, and head's up -- have been hearing it's going to be a La Nina fall/winter. Which means cold, rain, and very likely snow. Well, we just gotta get to our 6 weeks of summer first, then worry about winter!
Will try to add pix from the trips this weekend....
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment