Good weather for a meeting AND for rainbows...
The lighting made for a glowy ferry, too, contrasting it nicely against the water and the background of West Seattle.
After the meeting finally broke up around 1pm, DH and I experienced a serious depletion of motivation, so I read and napped, and he hung out in the mancave (aka, the basement) at least getting a bike ride in (on his wind-trainer) while watching an ep or two of The Sopranos Season 1. We are way behind on all the "cool" cable shows, so are playing catch up, which is nice when our faves go on hiatus. And the season dvds are FREE at the library, best of all :) We started Alias Season 1 last night. No commercials. Awesome.
Woke to another phenomenal sunrise...
...and the fog had fully settled within about a half hour...
Thankfully, by the time I caught the ferry to West Seattle at 11:30 (after church and a run to the grocery store) the fog had lifted. Met friends Sheri and Kathryn at the W. Seattle dock at 12:15 and we headed to one of the nicest "beaches" in Seattle, Alki Point, for lunch at a yummy mexican place called iCactus.
Here we are, Kathryn, Sheri and me, the three March Bday Amigas...Sheri on the 5th, me on the 15th, and Kathryn on the 22nd - we had a really fun day together, belatedly celebrating our birthdays.
See? Check out that blue sky! Some days it is true, the bluest sky you've ever seen IS in Seattle! Waaaay off in the distance, to the right of the picture, is the Space Needle.
Here's a fuzzy shot of the fuzzy Space Needle and fuzzy people enjoying the fuzzy beach. This is a prime example of why I deeply desired a new camera with better telephoto - this is 11x zoom on my old Canon. The clarity is sadly lacking. But at least you can tell it was a pretty day :)
And as we were walking back to the car to drop me back at the ferry, we walked past these "apartments on stilts" -- these people are braver than I to live in such a precarious situation - sure it's cool when the tide is in and you're literally in a house ON the water, but we're due for a significant quake...hope their insurance is paid up...I'm just sayin, is all...








BEAUTIFUL photos! I especially love the orange sunrise one - it's just delectable.
ReplyDeleteAre you planning your trip to DC yet? We have tons of room for visitors! :)
I love your hair!
ReplyDelete