Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The day after...


Well, it happened.  Usually, I'm pretty stoked about it, find ways to celebrate at least two weeks prior and post with my infamous Bday Season, but not this year.  It was the anti~ this year...anti-celebrate, anti-into it, etc.

Even though I stayed home and hid in bed with a book and the more than accomodating cats, who were happy to have their heatsource stay put past 5am, the world still turned, the sun rose and set, and I turned 44.  Woo hoo.

A vicious funk has settled upon my person over the last couple months, and it is really starting to get on my nerves.  I am a HAPPY PERSON, dangit.  But for some reason, be it hormonal, too much "news", the loss of persons and pets since December, and man, I. Am. Dour.  Been trying to ride it out.  And am deeply grateful for the friends who are walking with me through it and allowing me room for this bizzaro introspection and sullenness.  It never ceases to surprise me how when one who is expected to be upbeat and happy pretty much all the time, isn't, that it really rattles those with the expectations of constancy.  And makes me value even more deeply those who go with the flow.  I wanna be that person.  I'm in process.

And me being me, I'd usually be stumbling all over myself to apologize for being out of sorts and making excuses for it.  But notsomuch these days.  Pretty much now it's, oh well, I guess you'll just have to deal with it.  I won't be grumpy forever, and I've certainly been accommodating enough with the crazy that others in my circle have gone through at different times, I guess it's ok to expect a little flexibility in return.

It's a learning experience, that's for sure.  I'm relatively confident this, too, shall pass.  But in the meantime, if I inadvertently step on your toes, I apologize in advance.  It's not me.  It's this Freakin' Funk. 

Oh, and major snaps to the DH -- he has been a CHAMP, proving yet again the wisdom of marrying him.  Bday Eve was celebrated with breakfast at my fave restaurant, and last night, he who is not a fan of boardgames, played Sequence with me and didn't even sulk when I won!  heh.  Then he popped the cork on a small bottle of Chandon Champagne, sang Happy Birthday and helped me polish off a slice of cherry cheesecake.  He truly is my Dear Hubby, and I am so grateful he's a patient man :)  I may be grumpy, but I'm blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment