Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend Report

Had a very productive weekend, which is very determinedly starting to be the theme for my weekends (Stop Procrastinating and Git 'Er Done!!)-- finally got all the gardens cleaned out and closed down, the patio furniture moved to the front garden and tarped to protect from weather, last of the tomatoes picked, plants pulled and tossed, caught up several months of filing, continued scanning pictures (my Big Project this fall - scan all hardcopy pix to digital mode - last year, the Big Project was loading all our CDs to the computer harddrive, and yes, it really was a Big Project, much like this one is turning out to be - I'm making good progress - the weather makes it easy to be indoors and scan while doing laundry, etc.), made two batches of pumpkin muffins (one choco and one gingerbread), made chicken pot pies, two visits to help hydrate my friend Pam's kitty via IV, breakfast at the Pancake House in Port Orchard, winter tires on the truck at Les Schwab, gutters de-leafed, lawns mowed, Joann's for Christmas Craft "ingredients", house cleaned, emergency kits checked in car and truck, and laundry done.   DH and I were tearin' it up this weekend; between the two of us, the place is pretty much ready for winter and La Nina.  Bring. It. On.

Whew! It feels REALLY good to have all that done, so this next weekend, I can focus on my Christmas Craft projects :)  My buddy Sheri's coming over Friday night for a sleepover, and Sunday, another buddy Korri and I are heading to Poulsbo for the first holiday bazaar of the season -- I keep meaning to get to a bazaar every year and haven't yet, so this year I was very intentional about watching for them in the paper and coordinating for a Girls' Day getting festive :) I am ON IT this year! woot.

Here are some pix from the weekend:
Me and my Angel :)
Portly Tyke catching a sunbeam nap on Sunday, which turned out to be a lovely day! 
Saturday's Chicken Pot Pies...YUM! 
ChocoPumpkin Muffins w/Choco Chips, and Gingerbread Pumpkin Muffins with Choco Chips, cuz frankly, almost everything is better with Choco Chips added!! 
A pretty and WINDY Sunday - Saturday was wet wet wet, so notsomuch on the taking of pictures ~ started out lovely, then by the time we finished breakfast at the Pancake House, rain had set in and stuck around all day.  So Sunday was a pleasant reprieve.  Probably won't see many more of these kinds of days here on out.
I adore when Nature comes to visit!  Here's a squirrel that calls our yard home, taking some time for that oh so important grooming - it hung out "bathing" for a good 15 minutes before scuttling up a tree. 
I think this ferry was headed to Bremerton, as it rounded the corner, passed the Southworth Dock, and kept going - not common to see the WSF ferries in this position in the water - they're either heading to or from Vashon...
You can also see that the cloud cover had thickened up by around 4:30 when I took this yesterday.  We settled in around 6pm for leftover pot pies for dinner, and by 8pm, had had two sets of trick or treaters, for a total of 9 teenagers who wouldn't have won any costume creativity contests, but were happy to relieve us of candy - and thus, they did - porch light off after the second bunch, as I was very generous with handfuls of chocolatey goodness.  And we were pretty much both zzzzzz on the couch by 8:30 - thus endeth a purty darned fine weekend of Gittin' 'Er Done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment