We are having the weirdest summer weatherwise ~ for instance, see forecast above. 71 isn't so bad you say? Yesterday we were in the mid-80s and it was mmmmuuuuugggggyyyyy. Today, I'm wearing a fleece jacket. We have been all over the map, and man, are gardens all over Western WA confused. AND, I've already been seeing fall color in the trees!! I think we've had less than two weeks total of traditionally warm summer temperatures this year.
But I think I know the reason today through the weekend is slated to be relatively crummy:
It's Sea Fair Weekend in Seattle.
The Blue Angels started practicing yesterday and today, with performances Saturday and Sunday.
Of course the weather is going to be crappy, there are official outdoor events going on! Flash back to July 4 weekend for confirmation that Mother Nature likes to stick it to Western Washington when we have our quaint outdoor festivals. (Well, last year's "Blue Angels Weekend" had a high of 90º on Saturday and 89º on Sunday. One needed the sunscreen last August, but clouds will prevail during this year's festivities ~ so, I guess that blows a bit of a hole in my theory!)
At least it isn't raining. Yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment