Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hmmmm...

So, as I'm trying to fall asleep last night, my brain was a-whir -- I wonder if this happens to all baby bloggers...my mind was whirling with things I wanted to write about (which will eventually probably end up here), and then I thought "I should get up and write this stuff down" - then I thought, "I should just go fire up the computer and update the blog, skip the paper" ~ then I thought...zzzzzzzz.

This morning, I woke with ideas still humming away, and decided to stick for the time being with mostly pix.  I got a new Canon DSLR for Christmas, which means I'm taking a LOT more pictures (fun for everyone I already drive nuts doing that), playing with settings, annoying the cats...and my Dear Husband (heretofore "DH", as he is not enthusiastic about being fodder for my blog and wishes to remain as anonymous as possible) to pieces.

Thus, here are recent shots from around the house and the grounds, trying out the new camera settings.


We have been getting some of the most amazing sunrises the last few weeks...

That's Mount Rainier in the distance behind Vashon Island.


Here are some fun clouds that are seen every so often over Mt. Rainier.  There's a name for them, but it's not jumping to mind right now...


This is trying out the telephoto lens - taken from the backyard.



Trying out the "night shots" feature - pleased with this picture!

And here are three of my favorite subjects:

Angel, 9 yr old Russian Blue with 'tude up the kazoo - but a total sweetie pie!



Tyke, 8 yr old gray tabby, who is skittish and totally a mama's boy :)



We adopted them together, as they'd been raised by their former mama together, and though they aren't related, they do act like siblings!  Wonder what they were thinking at this moment...probably, "Really?  More pictures?  REALLY???"



This is Pippa...she adopted us 4 years ago, and is our lil survivor kitty - she has soo many physical challenges she's overcome and still deals with but has the best attitude I've ever seen.  She's demanding as all get-out, for more treats and more lap time, and we love her to pieces!



A frequent "guest" to our yard - this is one of the fawns ~ it was joined by mama and its sibling a few minutes later, but those pix came out blurry - trying out the low light/dusk setting on the camera.


And a couple random shots:

This is Cotton, who is the "granddog" of our friends Bill & Patti ~ he is the funniest mutt and keeps his family in stitches :)   Isn't he so pretty?



New Year's Eve - at this point, I was just pushin' buttons, twisting dials and shooting pix - I have no idea how I got this shot, ie, what setting it was on, but I sure like how it turned out!

I do think I'm going to turn the date stamp option off, tho.  It's kinda bugging me as I look at these photos.

Well, there ya go...embracing the random today :)

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. That happens to me ALL THE TIME. The period right before I go to sleep is sometimes the most productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the moon photo. Those are hard to come by. And that border collie is quite beautiful - we have two borders, and I swear they are worse than toddlers.

    ReplyDelete