Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy 2012!!

Hopefully 2012 will see me posting a little more regularly.  I seriously have fallen out of the habit of updating.  I blame Facebook.  It's so quick to toss pix and comments there, then move on to the next thing, I forget about my poor lil blog :)

So, here are some pix from Dec/Jan, which will get me caught up.

December started with a memorial service.  Our neighbor Joyce's mom, who lived with her, passed away Thanksgiving weekend, and her memorial service was held the first weekend in December.  She was a pip of a gal, at 80, who loved to play her fiddle for "old folks" :)  The service was upbeat, with music provided by two groups she was in, The Olde Time Fiddlers, and the Southworth Ukelele Band (folks from our 'hood)...

After the service, we drove to the home of our friends Bill & Patti for a Christmas dinner and gift exchange - friends Curtis and Traci joined us for a delish meal and lotsa laughs :) 
This is a jar of choco candy I made for Bill & Patti - delish!  And there's the Dalman Christmas tree - very festive! 

The next day, The Grinch (aka DH) hung Christmas lights :) 

My company's Christmas party was held on the 16th - here I am with one of my attorneys, Jen, and that's my desk mate and buddy Marian next to me at the Four Seasons.  Good food, ok entertainment :)  Just like last year! 

Christmas morning started with a fire in the woodstove...it was a chilly day! 

A gorgeous Christmas sunrise :) 

And the requisite Christmas naps, of course... 

Love the wind and whitecaps, but it did cause the power to go out just as we were getting ready to start breakfast.  So we had Christmas cold cereal instead of eggs, bacon and sweetrolls.  Drat. 

My Christmas loot - DH did well with several new sweaters, chocolate bars, and a gift cert to iFly Seattle, indoor sky diving. 

I took the week between xmas & new year off, and was very productive cleaning and organizing...this is the pantry getting attacked. 

Sis & her hub made these awesome birdfeeders for xmas gifts, and here it is being enthusiastically endorsed by the locals. 

Order out of chaos - love it! All kitchen drawers got cleaned out and organized, as did the file cabinet. 

Final Eagle sighting of 2011! 

New Year's Eve arrived, and with it, company in the form of Bill & Patti and Curtis & Traci.  Bill and Curtis are shown relaxing before dinner... 

Dinner was cooked at the table on The Stone (aka a raclette) and as I took the prime TV viewing chair, DH had to improvise... 

First Raptor sighting of 2012! 

After ringing in the new year with Dick Clark and smooches, we toddled off to bed.  Bill & Patti had gone home the night before, so we fed and visited with Curtis & Traci, then they headed home, and I spent the rest of the day de-holidaying the house. 

First eagle sighting of 2012, seen on 1/7/12! 

But wait, there's more...one more, to be exact... 

First Full Moon of 2012 (dontcha love January? All full of FIRSTS!!)
This is Monday night, Jan 9... 

And this morning, we were treated to a gorgeous sunrise for Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - sometimes being awake early pays off :) 

And now I am caught up!  Happy January!!

No comments:

Post a Comment