Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ay Ay Ay....CHOOOOO!!!

Well, the weekend started well enough, with a visit to our friends Bill and Patti in North Bend.  We got to their place around 11:30, visited, had some lunch, then I zipped over to North Bend Elementary to meet up with my friend Sheri for her daughter (my goddaughter) Karlee's basketball game, while the rest of the group headed to Fall City to see Patti's mom and for Ron to buy some of Patti's dad's tools.

It was a rainy day, great for an indoor 3rd/4th grade basketball match up!  I arrived and got a bonus visit with Sheri's granddaughter, Sophie!

Three generations!  Sophie belongs to Sheri's oldest daughter, Rachel.
 
 
Karlee in action!!  She's a GREAT player!!  Very aggressive!! 
 
 
And man, can she hustle down the floor!!  And running a temperature, no less!!
 
Our team won by a basket!!  Yay, Orange Team!!

Back at the Dalmans, I tried to get some pix of Mr. Quincy, but he played hard to get! 
 

Patti had made two pans of wonderfully delicious homemade lasagne which we enjoyed thoroughly with a good bottle of wine for dinner...we played a round of Yahtzee, which DH, to his surprise, won!  Then I shuffled off to bed, slept poorly, and woke with the sniffles, which by the time we got home, unpacked and settled in, had developed into a fever.  Yup, I had the flu.  Stayed home Monday and Tuesday from work, pretty much in bed the entire time.  Back at work today and feeling very tired, but at least the worst of it appears to be behind me!  I think some lil germies from my adorable Karlee latched on to me when I was covering her in smooches!  And I'd do it again, to smooch upon these adorable sweet girls, in sickness or in health!  Miss those lil punkins!!

So, not much of a picture post due to my unfortunate ailing and decided lack of interest in pretty much everything the last few days...annoyingly, the 7:15 PO ferry run this morning (the one right before ours) got escorted to work by a POD of ORCAS, and I MISSED IT!!!  Dang it.  I'm gonna sock my co-commuter Jeff tonight on the way home - he was ON that run and got nary a photo!!  Dude.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my baby girl is so beautiful. I love watching Karlee's game I'm glad you had a good time.

    -Rachel Wright

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful, Rachel :) A wonderful addition to a sweet family :)

    ReplyDelete