Thursday, May 19, 2011

Miscellany...

Some miscellaneous pix from the weekend - the weather was nice on Saturday, but I was indoors most of the day as it was Village Theater Play Date day with Connie and Ann, and prior to meeting them for lunch in Issaquah, I met friend Tracy for coffee and a good visit that morning - fun day filled with girlfriends and a pretty drive home - of course, it started raining just as I got home that evening!

DH was very productive, starting to cut down a tree in the front yard that got too greedy and broke one of our septic lines, causing a leak.  Bad Tree now pays with its life.  I won't miss this one too much, as it is a very messy tree that can't seem to hold on to its twigs and branches, and leaves them scattered about the yard, but still, always sad to take one down.  It's just bein' a tree...no pix of the de-treeing; will get some in the next post.

Sunday we met DH's folks in Tacoma for a yummy lunch at the Olive Garden, had a pleasant visit with them, and hit the grocery store on the way home.  It was mostly a Very Soggy Day, but did dry up late afternoon, so I got some weeding done, and DH fired up the grill for chicken.

Sunday morning, we had a little infrequent visitor to the bird feeder - it's usually the squirrels holding court at the feeders, but a chipmunk got some quality time in that morning :)  Quite cute!
 
The tomatoes are luvluvluving the grow lite in the potting shed.  They are big enough now that I've started adopting them out.  Two plants came to work with me on Monday to go live with my boss Rudy in Seattle. 
The lilacs are in full flush of bloomage -- very very pretty in the backyard! 
Pots of bluebells all over the place! 
Don't know the name of this plant, but the yellow flowers are so cheerful - these bushes are common in our neighborhood. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment